Windows Job Scheduler
JAMS centralizes batch processing in a single, easy-to-use interface, where Windows jobs can be extended with additional properties, and linked together with non-Windows processes to create cross-platform workflows.
JAMS enables organizations that leverage Windows to:
- Preserve workflows developed with Windows Task Scheduler
- Resolve service issues quickly with reliable and actionable alerts
- Enhance Windows batch processes with powerful business logic, such as custom calendars, exception handling, file dependencies and more.
Regain Control with Windows Automation From JAMS
Not only can JAMS job scheduling software help you to streamline and gain central control over the triggers you’ve set up under Windows Task Scheduler, but it also allows you to expand the scope of your automation goals. Here are some of the functions you can perform with JAMS:
- Schedule tasks across various platforms in your environment
- Incorporate workflows from different applications into your enterprise schedule
- Create an electronic audit history report
- Perform PowerShell automation and .NET job scheduling
- Securely transfer files to any remote system
- Schedule jobs based on prerequisites and dependencies
- Customize and utilize job history reports to plan for future job schedules
Bridge the Gap between Scheduled Tasks and the Business Users that Depend on Them
Converting Windows tasks to JAMS jobs puts automation into the hands of the people that need it most and reduces the burden on your IT personnel.
- Let non-IT users schedule and monitor their own jobs
- Capture the change history of every job definition
- Get aggregate insights into the entire schedule of jobs so you can identify issues before they impact individual jobs
Choose a More Robust Windows Job Scheduler
Whether you’re running Windows XP or Windows 10, you might be using Windows Task Scheduler to automate tasks on your server. Using Windows job scheduling keeps costs down because it’s included with your hardware purchase. But if your goal is to build a more efficient enterprise from the ground up, is a native scheduler the way to achieve your automation goals?
Windows Task Scheduler only offers limited time-based scheduling options, which do not allow you to build and automate more complex tasks that could streamline your business processes. What’s more, each individual Windows machine will have a separate Windows Task Scheduler, so you will have no way to control or integrate the various automated tasks that are happening on each box. As your environment becomes more complex and expands to require enterprise-wide processes, managing Windows job scheduling becomes too labor intensive.
JAMS includes a built-in conversion utility to migrate Windows scheduled tasks, including all their properties. Import jobs residing on any Windows server throughout your network. Once converted – a process that takes minutes – you can apply dozens of new properties to schedule and trigger jobs according to the unique requirements of your business.
Take Windows Cross-Platform
Break down the imposed barriers between Windows and other platforms, such as Linux, UNIX, i Series and z/OS. Transform isolated Windows processes into the building blocks of powerful cross-platform workflows for business intelligence, application deployment, ETL, and service management.
“Our IT team can provide a very quick response. In most cases, issues are resolved before people even wake up.”
TyMetrix, a Wolters Kluwer Company
Customers rate JAMS a Leader
Top-notch, thorough, friendly, and responsive — these are just a few words used to describe JAMS Support.
JAMS enables efficient workload management and provides an unparalleled customer support experience. Rely on JAMS for expert help, whenever you need it.