JAMS Release 5.2 for Enterprise Job Scheduling and Workload Automation
Harry Reisenleiter, VP Communications
Email: [email protected]
25 JAN 2011 – MVP Systems Software, Inc., a leader in enterprise batch job scheduling and workload automation software, has released JAMS 5.2 which includes more than a dozen new features and enhancements, all of which have been requested by customers. One of the most important new features in JAMS 5.2 is the new Online Jobs Library which includes dozens of application-specific jobs as well as VMware, Windows Workflow, PowerShell, and UNIX jobs. These sample jobs can be downloaded into an existing JAMS installation and instantly be leveraged by clients.
JAMS 5.2 also includes:
- New PowerShell cmdlets for connecting to IMAP and POP mail servers; Connect-JIMAP and Connect-JPOP. These cmdlets support connecting to email servers using the latest industry security standards including SSL.
- Support for JAMS Parameter validation. This powerful feature ensures the correct parameter is entered and allows for selecting a parameter from a predefined list.
- Support for Job Audit Trails to track changes performed to jobs within the current schedule. This feature records changes made in releasing a job, canceling a job, or adjusting a job’s parameters from the monitor view.
- Support for email trigger definitions. Email triggers allow for submitting a JAMS job based upon the receipt of an email.
- Support for defining parameters at the Execution Method level. This allows jobs of the same type to easily share parameters.
For a complete listing of the new features in JAMS 5.2, please visit www.jamsscheduler.com/.
“This is a very powerful tool and works well,” states Craig Bluerock, Infrastructure Manager at Energy Alloys. “Their technical support team is fantastic. They spent time with us on the phone until we felt comfortable and answered all our questions.”
To learn more about enterprise batch job scheduling and workload automation, visit www.jamsscheduler.com/.
About MVP Systems Software, Inc.
For more than 20 years, MVP Systems, Inc. has provided leading-edge batch job scheduling and automation solutions to its more than 700+ customers. MVP’s customers include household names like JPMorgan Chase, Boeing, Kaiser Permanente, and the US Postal Service. MVP’s solutions are delivered in traditional on-premise software as well as SaaS models. To learn more about MVP Systems Software, please visit www.jamsscheduler.com/ or call 866-259-JAMS.
About JAMS (Job Access and Management System)
JAMS is the only job scheduling system built on a .NET framework. JAMS is the first enterprise job scheduling system that can be leveraged by both IT Operations Personnel and Application Developers.