Harry Reisenleiter, VP Communications
JAMS Automation Pack Delivers Powerful Batch Job Scheduling Capabilities to the ServiceNow Platform.
25 April 2016 – MVP Systems Software, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise job scheduling and workload automation software, has made its latest ServiceNow integration, the JAMS Automation Pack, available on the ServiceNow Store. The new integration enables users of the ServiceNow platform to run, modify and create batch jobs directly from the service catalog.
“Organizations that open batch processing to business users can significantly reduce demand on their IT teams,” said David Kluskiewicz, VP of Marketing, MVP Systems Software. “The JAMS Automation Pack provides ServiceNow users with secure, easy-to-use connections to a centralized scheduler. We have turned batch processing into a service that is accessible by more than just IT.”
Key Application Highlights:
- Workflow activities for running, modifying and creating centrally managed batch jobs
- JAMS Service Catalog items that enable business users to submit requests to the central scheduler from within ServiceNow
- Complete exposure of JAMS job definitions, alerts, users, dates, calendars and more from within ServiceNow
- Ability to escalate JAMS-related alerts to ServiceNow incidents
- Resubmit failed batch jobs from within ServiceNow.
- Auto-populate alerts with key job information, including error codes, agent machine, and failure time.
- Batch job alerts can be mapped easily to a business service, response team, department or person.
This latest version of the JAMS integration gives rise to automation as a service, a system in which a broad range of business users can conveniently request powerful compute jobs related to BI, reporting, analysis and transactions. It relieves IT operations staff from repetitive and inefficient tasks associated with managing requests for batch jobs and verifying whether the users requesting those jobs have followed company directives. JAMS applies a company’s defined policies to requests created with the integration.
The JAMS Automation Pack is available as certified integration on the ServiceNow Store, a commercial enterprise application marketplace that allows customers to purchase and download a broad range of third-party extensions to the ServiceNow platform. For more information on the JAMS Automation Pack, visit the ServiceNow Store.
MVP Systems Software, Inc. and all other MVP Systems Software product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of MVP Systems Software, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks belong to their respective companies. © 2016, MVP Systems Software, Inc. All rights reserved.