MVP Systems Software Announces General Availability of JAMS Release 4.4
Harry Reisenleiter, VP Communications
5 November 2008 – MVP Systems Software, Inc., a leading provider of automation, application, and task scheduling software, has announced the general availability of JAMS 4.4. JAMS Release 4.4 introduces a number of new features, all of which have been recommendations from the growing JAMS user community.
JAMS Release 4.4 introduces:
- Enhanced Support for Secure Shell with integrated private/public key management. This new enhancement allows for easier administration of jobs running on remote machines.
- The ability to set home directory for a job at the job and system level.
- The option to stop a repeating job if the job fails.
- A change to the job submission dialog box. When submitting a job, the “Ok” button has been changed to “Submit Run Request” in order to clarify instructions for operations personnel.
- More detailed information in the log files so that you can now see who submitted specific jobs and which account(s) the jobs ran under.
- The addition of START QUEUE and STOP QUEUE commands to the JAMS.EXE command line tool.
“There are more than a dozen new features in JAMS Release 4.4, all of which have been requests from production users. Just another testament to our dedication to the JAMS user community,” states Bob Shackleford of MVP.
The new release of JAMS is available for immediate download atwww.MVPSI.com.
About MVP Systems Software, Inc.
For more than 20 years, MVP Systems, Inc. has provided leading-edgebatch job scheduling and automation solutions to its more than 500+ customers. MVP’s customers include household names like JPMorgan, Boeing, Kaiser Permanente, and the US Postal Service. MVP’s solutions are delivered in both traditional software and SaaS models. To learn more, please visitwww.mvpsi.com.